Education orientation that tend to be too formal, stimulates the renewal efforts in the field of education. New thinking, namely the continuing education (lifelong) gave birth to the various forms and modern methods in an effort to gain the knowledge, the understanding that refers to the shift from the concept of school education (Schooling) to the concept of learning; wherein the process can take place at home (informal education; home schooling), places of worship, workplaces, cultural centers, learning centers, or other places (non-formal education). This show started understands the philosophy of lifelong education.
In practice, lifelong education is carried out involving students (learners) in planning, implementing and evaluating the process, outcome, and impact of learning activities. Learners also participate in developing or implementing a follow-up program of learning activities. Therefore, lifelong education programs often have ideal objectives contained in the educational process. These goals set out in the process of learning activities that lead to an effort to foster an atmosphere of democratic life, cherish the values of civilized humanity, a better standard of living (income generating) and the lives of learners and the community, and develop behaviors learners grow up.
In line with these efforts, the Department of Nonformal Education Faculty of Education Indonesia University of Education in cooperation with the Association of Non-formal Education Academics Indonesia, intends to organize activities of the International Seminar on the theme Lifelong Learning Conference: Policy and Practice in Education. Therefore, we invite other concerned parties, especially for non-formal education practitioners and academics to sit together in our activity. This seminar will explore a variety of potential information, policies and experiences expressed by national and international sources, through research, and is implementable in the field.
All full paper submissions to LL Conference 2016 should only be written in English, and will be sent to at least two reviewers and evaluated based on originality, technical or research content or depth, correctness, relevance to conference, contributions, and readability. Selected articles will be published in Advanced Social Science, Education and Humanities Research (ASSHER) Atlantis Press . indexed by : CPCI-SSH Thomson Reuteurs (http://www.atlantis-press.com/php/proceedings_ordering-2.php?all). Other articles will be published either in Jurnal Pendidikan Luar Sekolah or in an ISBN proceedings indexed by Google Scholar.
THEMA AND SUB THEMA OF SEMINAR
Seminar Theme :The 3rd NFE Conference on Lifelong Learning : Policy, Concept and Practice in Education
Sub Thema of Seminar :
- Lifelong Learning in Education Policy
- Implication The Concept of Lifelong Learning in Informal, Formal, and Non-Formal Education
- Lifelong Learning Innovation (Approach, Strategy, Method and Technique)
- ICT for Lifelong Learning Program.
- Quality Assurance of Lifelong Learning Program
- Implication of Lifelong Learning in Staff Development
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition in Lifelong Learning.
- Issues and Challenge of Lifelong Learning (in Economic, Sociocultural, and Environmental Perspective)
The purpose of this international seminar, are:
- Socialize while serving ideas and findings from studies of lifelong learning, nationally and internationally.
- Accommodating the various inputs to the presentation of educational materials for lifelong learning.
- Formulate a clear conception of life-long learning.
- Formulate ideas to develop the conceptual of lifelong learning in the future.
- Presenting a wide range of application the concept of lifelong learning on educational programs in the dimension of formal education, non-formal and informal.
Formulate recommendations for improving the quality of life-long learning.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND INVITED SPEAKER
Prof. H. Furqon, MA., Ph.D (Rector of Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
Invited Speaker :
- Prof. Takahashi Mitsuru (Dean of Faculty of Education, Tohoku University)
- Prof. Dr. Shahbaz KHAN (Director and Representative of UNESCO Indonesia)
- Gumpanat Boriboon, Ph.D (Head of Adult Education Department, Faculty of Education Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok Thailand)
- Prof. Dr. H. Ishak Abdulhak, M.Pd (Professor in Non Formal Education Department, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Dr. Jajat S Ardiwinata, M.Pd (Head of Non Formal Education Department, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
1. Prof. Ace Suryadi, M.Sc., Ph.D (Professor in Non Formal Education Department, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
2. Dr. Sardin, M.Si (Lecturer in Non Formal Education Department, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
International Scientific Committee (tentative)
- Prof. Takahashi Mitsuru (Tohoku University, Jepang)
- Gumpanat Boriboon, Ph.D (Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok Thailand)
- Prof. Dr. Shahbaz KHAN (UNESCO Indonesia)
- Prof. Datoo. Dr. Razak Ahmad (Universiti Kebangsaan Malasya)
- Prof. Florisa B. Simeon (Philippine Normal University)
- Prof. Dr. Ahman, M.Pd (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. H. Ishak Abdulhak, M.Pd (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Achmad Hufad, M.Ed (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Ace Suryadi, M.Sc,Ph.D (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Ihat Hatimah, M.Pd (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Oong Komar, M.Pd (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Mustofa Kamil, M.Pd (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Hafidz Abbas, MA (Universitas Negeri Jakarta)
- Prof. Dr. Supriyono, M.Pd (Ketua IKAPENFI)
- Prof .Dr. Yoyon Suryono, M.Si (Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta )
- Prof. Dr. Yusnandi,M.Pd (Universitas Negeri Medan)
- Prof. Dr. Yatim Riyanto, M.Pd(Universitas Negeri Surabaya)
- Prof. Dr. Noersani, M.Pd (Universitas Negeri Palangkaraya)
- Prof. Dr. Yus Darusman, M.Si (Universitas Siliwangi Tasikmalaya)
- Prof. Dr. Joko Sutarto, M.Pd (Universitas Negeri Jakarta)
- Prof. Dr. Maria Feronika Rusminingsih, M.Si (Universitas Negeri Surabaya)
- Prof. Dr. Jamaris Jamna, M.Pd (Universitas Negeri Padang)
- Prof. Dr. Syamsul Bahri, M.Si (Universitas Negeri Makasar)
- Dr. Muhammad Hasbi, M.Pd (Ketua PP PAUD DIKMAS Reg I Bandung)
- Prof. Dr. Achmad Hufad , M.Ed
- Dr. Ade Gafar Abdullah, M.Si
- Vina Andriani, M.Ed., Ph.D
- Ari Arifin, M.Pd
CONFERENCE VENUE AND TIME
Date : September, 22 2016
Time : 08:00 – 17:00 WIB
Place : Achmad Sanusi Building (BPU) UPI
Jl. Dr. Setiabudhi No 229. Bandung Jawa Barat
Dadang Yunus L, M.Pd : +6281220053684
Muhammad Irfan Hilmi, M.Pd. : +6285722278589
Further information http//www.lifelonglearning.conference.upi.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Papers
Authors are requested to submit abstract to the Organizing Committee by Juni 31, 2016. The papers should be written in English and must be between 4 to 10 pages.
Abstract and Manuscript Submission
To submit an abstract, author must register first (left menu "Register"). Then you can submit your abstract by logging in to this site (left menu "Login"). Manuscript can be submitted only after authors submit their abstracts. The whole submission process is done fully online (NOT by email) to guarantee smooth administration.
- Deadline of abstract submission: July 25, 2016
- Information of abstract acceptance: July 30, 2016
- Deadline for paper submission: August 25 , 2016
- Information of full paper acceptance: September 5, 2016
- Conference day: September, 22, 2016
- Deadline for registration : September 10, 2016
- Presenters: USD 200
- Students Presenter: USD 150
- Participants: USD 100
- Presenters: IDR 1.500.000
- Students Presenter: IDR 1.000.000
- Participants: IDR 500.000
Note: USD=United State Dollar, IDR: Indonesian Rupiah
Method of Payment
Bank transfer to Bank Negara Indonesia, Branch Perguruan Tinggi Bandung, Bandung, INDONESIA
Account name: Yanti Shantini
Account number: 0437626533
Swift/ BIC: BNINIDJAXXX
Write "(your name) and for LLC
Every participant and presenter will receive a seminar kit, refreshments and lunch.
Dr. Jajat S. Ardiwinata, M.Pd. ,Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, INDONESIA
Assoc. Dr. Yanti Shantini, M.Pd., Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, INDONESIA
Dr. Asep Saepudin, M.Pd.
Dr. Iip Saripah, M.Pd.
Dr. Sardin, M.Si
Dr. Joni Rahmat Pramudia, M.Si
Dr. Viena Rusmiati Hasanah, S.Ip, M.Pd
Nike Kamarubiani, M.Pd.
Non Formal Education Department
Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Jl. Setiabudhi 229 Bandung 40154 INDONESIA
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found here
See here for more information about hotels in Bandung.
Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI) is one of the oldest universities in Indonesia, founded on 20 October 1954. In the course of its development, UPI has become the only Indonesian higher education institution which consistently focuses its core mission on education. UPI has already set up its vision as a leading and outstanding university in the fields of educational sciences and subject matter education in Indonesia in 2010 and in Asia in 2025.
Nowadays, UPI has seven faculties, i.e. (1) Faculty of Educational Sciences, (2) Faculty of Social Science Education, (3) Faculty of Language and Arts Education, (4) Faculty of Mathematics and Science Education, (5) Faculty of Technology and Vocational Education, (6) Faculty of Sports and Health Science Education, and (7) Faculty of Economics and Business Education. UPI has also run the School of Postgraduate Studies since 1968. Each of the faculties and the School of Postgraduate Studies are briefly described below.
In the course of its development, UPI has become the only institution of higher education in Indonesia which consistently focuses on education. By having this characteristic and all human resources, UPI commits its vision to become A Leading and Outstanding University in the fields of educational sciences in Indonesia in 2010 and to become one of the leading and outstanding universities in Asia in 2025. In addition, UPI consistently supports and facilitates the growth and development of other disciplines to gain the leading and outstanding roles. This implies a commitment to make UPI recognized and inspired nationally and internationally and becomes a reference in making educational policies on national level.
In line with its visions, UPI has formulated the following missions:
- To educate and prepare human resources in the fields of education, business and industry to cope with the global competitive market.
- To develop theories of education and other innovative science and its applications for establishing foundations for national education policies.
- To provide professional social services for the society in order to solve national issues in terms of education, politics, economics and socio-culture.
- To promote internationalization of education through the development and establishment of networks and partnerships on the national, regional and international levels.
Organized by : Departement of Non Formal Education Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, in collaboration With IKAPENFI (Ikatan Akademisi Pendidikan Nonformal Indonesia), PP-PAUD DIKMAS Jawa Barat
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype